Jelens Power Rack With Pulley System Review: Worth It for a Home Gym?

Affiliate Disclosure

This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.Building a home gym was an easy decision for me. At the time, I had young kids at home and didn't want to spend any more time away from my family than I already was. Being able to walk downstairs and train whenever I wanted was a huge advantage, and creating a home gym quickly became one of my top priorities.

After purchasing my hack squat and leg press machine, the next major upgrade I wanted was a better power rack with a pulley system. My previous setup was a basic single-pulley system that I had picked up years ago, and while it got the job done, it was limited in what I could do. I knew exactly what I wanted from my next rack: dual adjustable pulleys, more exercise options, and the ability to perform cable movements the way I would in a commercial gym.

One of my favorite features of this rack is the dual pulley system with multiple adjustment positions. The pulleys can be moved into numerous height settings, allowing me to perform everything from standing cable flyes and seated rows to tricep exercises and other cable movements. In fact, standing cable flyes are probably my favorite exercise on this machine. I also like being able to leave two different exercises set up at the same time without constantly changing attachments.

Beyond the pulley system, this rack includes several features that I use regularly. It comes with a built-in pull-up bar, removable dip handles, a landmine attachment, J-hooks for bench pressing and squatting, and safety catches for training alone. It also includes four built-in weight storage horns, which help keep weight plates organized and off the floor. Another thing I appreciated was the number of pulley attachments that were included. Instead of having to purchase several accessories separately, the rack arrived with multiple attachments that allowed me to start using the pulley system right away.

Assembly was also easier than I expected. While there are quite a few parts to put together, I was able to complete the build in just a few hours by myself. If you've assembled fitness equipment before and follow the instructions, the process is fairly straightforward. Considering the size and versatility of the rack once assembled, I felt the setup time was well worth it.

After using this power rack three days a week, I can honestly say it has become one of the most-used pieces of equipment in my home gym. It offers a tremendous amount of exercise variety without taking up an excessive amount of space, making it a great option for anyone looking to build a versatile home gym setup.

Why I Upgraded From My Old Pulley System

Before purchasing this rack, I was using a basic single-pulley setup that I had picked up years earlier. It worked well enough and helped me get plenty of workouts in, but eventually I found myself wanting more exercise options and more flexibility.

The biggest reason for upgrading was the dual adjustable pulley system. My old setup only had a single pulley, which limited the types of exercises I could perform. With this rack, I can use two independent pulleys at the same time, making exercises like standing cable flyes much more practical and enjoyable. Since cable flyes are one of my favorite chest exercises, that feature alone was a major selling point for me.

The adjustable pulley positions also opened up a lot more exercise variety. I can quickly switch between rows, tricep movements, cable flyes, curls, and other exercises without needing multiple machines. Being able to leave different attachments set up on each side is another convenience that saves time during workouts.

My old pulley system definitely did its job, but when it came time to upgrade my home gym, the dual pulleys and added versatility were the main reasons I chose this rack.

My Favorite Features

Dual Adjustable Pulley System

The dual adjustable pulley system was the main reason I decided to upgrade from my old setup. My previous pulley machine only had a single pulley, which limited the types of exercises I could perform. With this rack, I can use both pulleys independently, making exercises like standing cable flyes much more effective and convenient.

The pulleys can be adjusted into multiple positions, allowing me to quickly switch between cable flyes, rows, curls, tricep exercises, and other movements. Since standing cable flyes are one of my favorite chest exercises, this feature alone made the upgrade worthwhile for me.

Another thing I like is being able to leave different attachments on each side. Instead of constantly changing handles between exercises, I can keep multiple movements set up and move through my workout more efficiently.


The pulley system is also great for isolation exercises like cable curls, tricep pushdowns, face pulls, and other movements that are difficult to perform with a traditional power rack alone.

Lat Pulldowns



 One of the exercises I knew I wanted to be able to perform when upgrading my old pulley setup was lat pulldowns. They're one of the best exercises for building the upper back and lats, and I regularly include them in my workouts.

This rack does a great job for lat pulldowns and gives me a smooth range of motion throughout the exercise. The only drawback is that it doesn't include a dedicated seat or leg holder, so you'll need to use your own bench. Personally, this hasn't been a major issue for me, and I've been able to make it work without any problems.

For me, the ability to perform lat pulldowns, cable rows, and other pulley exercises on the same machine helps eliminate the need for additional equipment, which is important when trying to maximize space in a home gym.

 Since this rack doesn't include a dedicated lat pulldown seat, I use an adjustable bench for lat pulldowns, seated exercises, and other movements. I originally purchased this bench specifically to use with my rack, and it's become one of the most-used pieces of equipment in my home gym.

Adjustable Bench I Use


Check Price on Amazon ⬇️

Removable Dip Handles


Another feature I use regularly is the removable dip handles. Dips have been one of my favorite upper-body exercises for years because they allow me to target my chest, shoulders, and triceps all with one movement.

The dip handles are easy to install and remove, which makes it simple to add them when needed and keep them out of the way when they're not. I also like that they're sturdy and feel secure during the exercise.

 Dip Belt I Personally Use 


As my strength improved, I began adding weight to my dips, and the rack has handled the extra load without any issues. For anyone looking to build upper-body strength at home, having dip handles built into the rack is a nice bonus and eliminates the need for a separate dip station.

Check Price on Amazon ⬇️

Landmine Attachment


One of my favorite additions to this rack is the included landmine attachment. Unlike some racks that require you to purchase a landmine separately, this one came with it, which was a nice bonus.

The landmine attachment is simple to use. All you need is a barbell, and you're ready to perform a variety of exercises. Another thing I appreciated was that the rack included a landmine handle attachment as well, allowing me to start using the feature right away without purchasing additional accessories. I regularly use it for rows, presses, and other movements that add variety to my workouts.

What I like most about the landmine attachment is that it allows me to train from different angles and hit muscles in ways that traditional barbell exercises sometimes don't. It's a feature that I probably use more than I expected when I first purchased the rack.

For anyone building a home gym, having a landmine attachment built into the rack is a great way to expand your exercise options without taking up additional space or purchasing more equipment.

Built-In Pull-Up Bar


Another feature I regularly use is the built-in pull-up bar. Pull-ups are one of the best bodyweight exercises for building upper back, lat, and arm strength, so having them available whenever I train is a big advantage.

The pull-up bar is built directly into the rack, which means there's no need for additional equipment or wall-mounted attachments. Whether I'm doing standard pull-ups, chin-ups, or using different grip positions, it's always ready to go as part of my workout.

One thing I appreciate about having the pull-up bar integrated into the rack is the convenience. Instead of dedicating space to a separate pull-up station, everything is combined into one piece of equipment. For a home gym where space matters, that's a feature I always appreciate.

Combined with the pulley system, dip handles, and landmine attachment, the pull-up bar helps make this rack a versatile all-in-one training station.

 Included Attachments


One thing I appreciated about this rack was the number of attachments that were included right out of the box. Instead of having to immediately purchase additional accessories, I was able to start using the pulley system as soon as the rack was assembled.

 The rack came with a wide lat pulldown bar, a close-grip row handle, two single-hand cable handles, tricep rope and a landmine handle attachment. These accessories provided enough variety for me to perform a wide range of exercises, including lat pulldowns, seated rows, single-arm movements, and landmine exercises. The attachment I probably use the most is the tricep rope. It's my go-to choice for tricep pushdowns, face pulls, and several other cable exercises.

For anyone building a home gym, having these attachments included helps add value to the rack and saves money on additional purchases. While I eventually added a few extra attachments of my own, the included accessories were more than enough to get started and covered most of the exercises I regularly perform. 

Additional Attachments I Purchased


While the rack came with several useful attachments, I eventually purchased a few extras to expand the number of exercises I could perform. None of these were necessary, but they helped make the pulley system even more versatile.

I also purchased a V-handle attachment, which works great for seated rows and close-grip pulling movements. The second attachment has become one of my favorites for back training because it provides a comfortable grip and allows me to focus on squeezing my back muscles during rowing exercises.

One thing I enjoy about having a pulley system is the ability to continuously add new attachments over time. A relatively inexpensive accessory can completely change how an exercise feels and add more variety to your workouts. While the included attachments were enough to get me started, these additional accessories have become regular parts of my training routine.

 Attachment Set I Personally Use Below ⬇️


Pros and Cons


Pros

  • Dual adjustable pulley system with multiple height positions
  • Great for cable flyes, rows, curls, tricep exercises, and more
  • Built-in pull-up bar
  • Removable dip handles
  • Landmine attachment and landmine handle included
  • Several pulley attachments included with purchase
  • Four built-in weight storage horns
  • Doesn't require a large footprint compared to multiple separate machines
  • Easy assembly that took only a few hours
  • Allows multiple exercises from one machine
  • Smooth pulley operation
  • Good value for the number of features included 

Cons

  • No dedicated seat or leg holder for lat pulldowns
  • You'll need your own bench for certain exercises
  • Requires enough ceiling height for pull-ups
  • May be too large for very small workout spaces
  • Some users may eventually want additional pulley attachments for more exercise variety

Is It Worth It for a Home Gym?

After using this power rack three days per week, I can confidently say it was one of the best additions I've made to my home gym. While my old single-pulley setup got the job done, upgrading to a rack with dual adjustable pulleys opened up far more exercise options and made my workouts more enjoyable.

What I like most is the versatility. Between the dual pulley system, pull-up bar, dip handles, landmine attachment, and included accessories, I'm able to perform a wide variety of exercises without needing multiple machines. The ability to quickly switch from cable flyes to rows, curls, tricep exercises, pull-ups, and dips makes it one of the most-used pieces of equipment in my gym.

I also appreciate that it doesn't take up an excessive amount of space considering everything it offers. Instead of filling a room with separate machines, this rack combines several functions into one footprint.

Of course, it isn't perfect. I would have liked to see a dedicated seat and leg holder for lat pulldowns, but using my adjustable bench has worked well enough that it hasn't been a major issue.

If you're looking for a versatile piece of equipment that can handle strength training, cable exercises, pull-ups, dips, and landmine work all in one machine, I believe a power rack with a pulley system is absolutely worth the investment. Based on my experience, I would purchase it again without hesitation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is a Power Rack With a Pulley System Worth It?

In my opinion, yes. After using this rack three days per week, it has become one of the most-used pieces of equipment in my home gym. The dual adjustable pulleys, pull-up bar, dip handles, and landmine attachment provide a tremendous amount of exercise variety without needing multiple machines.

How Much Space Do You Need for a Power Rack?

Before purchasing any power rack, I highly recommend taking measurements of your workout area. While this rack doesn't take up an excessive amount of space for everything it offers, you'll still want to make sure you have enough room for the rack itself, weight storage, and exercise movement around it.

Is a Power Rack Good for Beginners?

Yes. A power rack is one of the best investments a beginner can make for a home gym because it allows you to perform a wide variety of exercises on a single piece of equipment. As your strength and experience increase, the rack can continue to grow with you, making it useful for both beginners and experienced lifters.

Final Verdict

After using this power rack for several years, I can confidently say it was one of the best upgrades I've made to my home gym. The dual adjustable pulley system was the main reason I purchased it, and it has exceeded my expectations. Between cable flyes, lat pulldowns, rows, pull-ups, dips, landmine exercises, and many other movements, it has become one of the most versatile pieces of equipment I own.

While I would have liked to see a dedicated seat for lat pulldowns, that small drawback hasn't stopped me from using the rack regularly. The included attachments, built-in weight storage, dip handles, pull-up bar, and landmine attachment all add to its overall value.

If you're looking for a versatile home gym machine that can replace several individual pieces of equipment, I believe a power rack with a pulley system is well worth the investment. Based on my experience, I would purchase this rack again without hesitation.


Ready to check it out?

CHECK PRICE ON AMAZON ⬇️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

90-Day Fitness & Strength Journal Review: Track Workouts, Build Consistency, and Measure Progress

How To Build A Budget Basement Home Gym(Complete Guide)