The 4-Day Home Gym Workout Split I Use to Stay Consistent While Working Full-Time



Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use, trust, or believe will provide value to my readers. Thank you for supporting Everyday Strength 7!


If you're like me, finding time to work out isn't always easy. Between working full-time, balancing family life, and everything else that comes with a busy schedule, spending hours in the gym simply isn't realistic anymore.

I've been lifting weights for nearly 30 years, and my workouts didn't always look the way they do today. I used to train without much of a plan, sometimes working out three days a week and other times six. I also found myself trying to fit every muscle group into long workouts that could easily last two hours or more.

Over time, I realized that consistency was far more important than spending as much time as possible in the gym. I needed a workout routine that fit around my life instead of forcing my life to fit around my workouts.

That's what led me to the four-day home gym workout split I use today. Most of my workouts take about 45 to 75 minutes, allowing me to stay consistent while still making time for work, family, and everything else that matters.

In this article, I'll walk you through how I organize my training week, why I arranged it this way, and the home gym equipment I use throughout the week. While everyone's schedule is different, I hope this gives you ideas for creating a routine that you can realistically stick with over the long term.

Why I Chose a 4-Day Workout Split

After trying different workout schedules over the years, I found that a four-day split gave me the best balance between making progress and fitting workouts into my everyday life.

Working full-time with a busy schedule doesn't always leave hours to spend in the gym, and I wanted a routine that I could realistically stick with week after week. Four workout days allow me to train consistently without feeling like I have to be in the gym every day.

Another reason I like this split is that it gives each muscle group enough attention while still allowing time to recover before training it again. Instead of trying to squeeze everything into long workouts, I can focus on a few muscle groups each session and usually finish in about 45 to 75 minutes.

This schedule also gives me flexibility. My work hours change throughout the month, so I don't always train at the same time each day. Whether I'm working days, afternoons, or nights, I simply adjust my workout time around my schedule while keeping the same four-day split.

For me, the goal isn't to follow the "perfect" workout routine. It's to have a routine that's realistic, enjoyable, and easy to stay consistent with over the long term. That's exactly what this four-day split has helped me do.

My 4-Day Home Gym Workout Schedule

Day 1 – Chest

I like starting the week with a chest workout because I'm coming off the weekend feeling rested and ready to train one of my favorite muscle groups. Most of my chest exercises are done using a combination of my Powertec leverage bench and my Jelens power rack, giving me plenty of variety without needing a commercial gym. If I'm adding weighted dips, I'll also use my Mir dip belt to continue challenging myself as I get stronger.

If you'd like to see the power rack I use for many of my chest workouts, along with its features and the accessories that came with it, check out my full review below.

👉 Read My Jelens Power Rack Review

Day 2 – Shoulders, Back & Core

My second workout of the week focuses on shoulders, back, and core. I enjoy grouping these muscle groups together because many of the exercises flow well from one to the next without constantly changing equipment. For shoulder exercises, I use my Powertec leverage bench for seated movements, while my Jelens power rack and dual pulley system handle most of my back work, including lat pulldowns, seated rows, and other cable exercises.I usually finish the workout with a few core exercises, including my Vinsguir ab roller rollouts, before wrapping up for the day.

Rest Day

Wednesday is usually my rest day. Taking a day off in the middle of the week gives my body time to recover before my leg and arm workouts later in the week. I've found that this schedule helps me stay consistent while balancing a full-time job and other responsibilities.

Day 3 – Legs

Leg day is one of my favorite workouts of the week because it's where I spend the most time challenging myself with heavier lifts. Most of my workout revolves around my GMWD hack squat and leg press machine, which has become one of my favorite pieces of equipment in my home gym. I'll also use my Powertec leverage squat machine for squat variations and finish off with my Powertec leg extension/leg curl attachment on my Powertec leverage bench. Together, these pieces of equipment give me everything I need for a complete lower-body workout without ever leaving home.

👉 Read My GMWD Hack Squat/Leg Press Review

Day 4 – Arms

I finish my workout week with an arm day focused on building both biceps and triceps. Most of my bicep exercises are done using my EZ curl bar, adjustable dumbbells, and my DMOOSE arm blaster, while my power rack's pulley system allows me to perform a variety of cable exercises for both biceps and triceps. Ending the week with arms gives me one final workout before enjoying the weekend and coming back refreshed to start the routine again the following week.

Track Your Progress

One thing that's helped me stay consistent over the years is tracking my workouts. Writing down the exercises I complete, the weight I lift, and the reps I perform makes it much easier to see progress and stay motivated. Even on days when I don't feel like training, looking back at previous workouts reminds me how far I've come.

That's one of the reasons I created my own 90-Day Fitness Journal. It's designed to help you track your workouts, monitor your progress, and stay focused on your fitness goals whether you're just getting started or getting back into a consistent routine.

If you're looking for a simple way to stay organized and motivated throughout your workouts, you can learn more about my fitness journal below.

👉 Check Out My 90-Day Fitness Journal

Final Thoughts

This 4-day home gym workout split has worked well for me because it fits my schedule, allows plenty of recovery time, and helps me stay consistent while working a full-time job. Instead of trying to fit in long workouts every day, I've found that having a simple plan makes it much easier to stay on track week after week.

The best workout routine is the one you can stick with consistently. Whether your schedule looks like mine or not, finding a routine that fits your lifestyle will always lead to better long-term results than trying to follow the "perfect" program.

I hope sharing my weekly workout split has given you a few ideas for organizing your own training. If you're building a home gym, be sure to check out my equipment reviews and other fitness articles for more tips and recommendations. Thanks for reading, and I wish you the best on your fitness journey!

Related Articles

If you're planning your own home gym or looking for more fitness tips, here are a few other articles that may help:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

90-Day Fitness & Strength Journal Review: Track Workouts, Build Consistency, and Measure Progress

Jelens Power Rack With Pulley System Review: Worth It for a Home Gym?

How To Build A Budget Basement Home Gym(Complete Guide)